Skip to main content

Featured

Heavy responsibilities for elder aunt among the Logooli

With Seenge Fonesi. She is the elder grand daughter of Isagi and elder daughter of Amugasya. She is often present in functions involving the family of Amugasya. Pic taken on 18/4/2024. The elder sister soon becomes the elder aunt. It is this “seenge munene” (elder aunt) tag that she is tied to many cultural responsibilities – back home. To her marital family she may appear as any other woman, but she is not so in the eyes of her people. Marriage does not steal her away as it would happen with other daughters of the old man. To her, as days go and the old man and woman of the estate are dependents, she becomes increasingly present.  Her brothers also need her for almost all traditional markings. They are marrying, she needs to welcome the new wife. They are giving birth, she needs to come to midwife or “bless” the new born. They are paying dowry she needs to lead the women delegate. There is a conflict she needs to come for a hearing.  And many others. Traditions does not expect her to

ZILIZOPENDWA PART B; LOVE

I hope you enjoyed part A. Part B is solely for the songs knit in paragraphs with a silhouette of what these singers really desired to express. Since the music generally revolves about social issues of love and family integration, it is very easy to stick to the subject. No politics to waste time.

If you are a fan of this genre, I have spared you reading the names of artists in this article. Hum in the lines. It may prove how many of these songs you are familiar to. I will not fail to name the artists in part C and their goodness. If you would want to follow up and hit nails on heads, you can walk to music shops. The messages in different songs are intertwined. Only a sentence is perfect. Do not trust two sentences. They may not be of the same song.

A 1965 Twisty dance style. This must be the man's wife. 

Esta is the girl who made a decision not to love our subject. The song requests Esta to change her attitude. ‘My thoughts, love and trust is in you. My happiness in you. Think again about this Esta.’ It is Sophia that started unnecessary practices deliberately to call off love. The singer mourns that one should love she who loves too or else ‘utayaona mambo.’ A perfect poem takes to ‘Penye Jambo hapakosi mambo Kwani jambo husababisha mambo; Mie Mambo jina langu mambo; ama kweli nimeyaona mambo.’ It was Zaina who decided to leave justly due to the lies that our lying man said. He had said that she was the only one. He never knew that a false love doesn’t last. Then the first lover to the man showed up. He is apologizing now that he realizes to have loved Zaina like never before like no one ever else.

Afro the child of Sagana is greeted and asked to pass the same to parents before being asked where she is nowadays. She is too quiet and unseen. He understands that people in love do play games- today its your game; tomorrow its mine. Among many, she is the only that he has chosen. Ateka is also too lost. If she has been wronged she should forgive.

Shery(I wonder if it is spelled this way) sent a letter unexpectedly. How good the man felt. He is promising his honey to have the reply soon. He is however in fear that those who love Shery will have an advamtage over him for he is poor. This is the same problem with Christina (dada). If our man had money, he could have sent it so that she quickly comes over by air.

I am telling the world about my regrets towards Binti Chausiku. I sent away my last born in desire to impress someone. Then he resumes a cry tune…’ulimwengu, ni vicheko, mjinga mimi mpenda vingi, aliye wangu, ni nani?’ Jazz band has the same advise to Kijana. He has the attitude of ignoring love. He knows that our girl loves him and deliberately ignores her. He din’t know that there were others hunting her. She was taken away. He is now awake to cry and blame. I do not know why you are making noise Kijana. I do not know why you are complaining. You left her for offer. Whoever takes, whoever loses. Still I am a bachelor boy. Girls do send letters that I go home and marry. I love pleasures of the city life.

For some time I have seen a girl that startles me. Everytime she goes towards the shop she passes by my house. Her figure and face make me crazy. I will sent my aunt to ask her parents. I love their child. If he agrees, we will wed. A big ceremony I will host at home if I get awesome replies. That in another song, the aunt is being being requested shoes and hat to better the dance going attire. He does not know if tomorrow he will come back with his luck.

Perfect love is of Pamela who did her studies and concluded without problems. What a pride! She is congratulated and marriage plans are on the way. East or west Conjesta has been found the epitome of womanhood. She is the shore of love sea. Another love pull towards unnamed lady is full of dreams. At all times the man is thinking and patiently waiting. He requests car owners not to disappoint. His eyes have seen and the heart is yearning. Kasuku, unlike her name is satisfied by the small she gets. I ask God to help her. Regina is unwillingly given a picture so that she looks at every time she remembers our man. The man knows that Regina is in another love and if it’s known, it will be a fracas. Take great care Regina that it is never seen. Almasi please give your heart to our man. Hate me if I wrong you. You make me tired of waiting. I’ll reach to your parents for there is no ill between us. Run away and I’ll take you in. Marina receives love greetings too with knowledge that love is not a new thing in the world. It started with Adam and Eve. I am her doctor, I told you. Deborah has run away from you. Where are your gossips? I knew you’ll not manage her. When Kabaka smells beautiful love spray he senses a beautiful girl in River road.

When River Road was a fancy place. It harbours noisy Dandora bound buses. Keep safe your wallet.
Modavida eee…Everything in the city is money sweet heart. Even water! Dear Nimaru, it is not that I left at home to toil. It is the world’s doing that people stay away from each other. Shery understand that I am a farmer and there is too much work this harvesting season. Do not understand me wrongly. A day will come, when problems will be less. It is not so nowadays. The world is of money. My mother was married with pangas and arrows. The girls of nowadays want money. Lina hides it in the house.

Love goes sour and it gets betrayed. Rosa is a famous love song. I gave you my whole salary. I loved you! Why now? The love medicine your friend gave is poison. Why do you want to kill me? You increase my agony. Masiza Zipporah sees his love pack to Tanganyika. Zipporah guesses what may happen and she cries. Daudi Kabaka promises to be faithful all the time. In Tanganyika, a ‘chotara’ loved him. I do not trust that boy my Tina. We will conflict again if he continue showing up. Come back. I love you and you denying me. It is due to Pamela that elders almost summoned me. I was much nagging for her. Love is dangerous. It causes conflicts. I do not see nor hear though I got eyes and ears. Kabibi what is this now? Penzi limebaki mazowea. You left for a leave in Mombasa. What happened? You went to study in Japan and came back with that three feet man, My Stella!  Emma I will forget you. How I loved! I can wash you dear. You are changed! God help me do without you. Maselina’s reports I have. I only need evidence. I am tired. The end result? Musa when you married me I din’t have a mark!

Msichana wa elimu went to learn in a forign land and came back. It is now long and she is not married. Girls of her age are settled in their families as she trouble herself. Shame! The shemejis of the city are also disrespectful. They want me to leave Mueni. If they knew how I love her! Suzzane has the right to deny me but that right does not include and insults. He who loves you has been impressesd. Do not take him a fool.

As if lessons are drawn, our man desides not to fight for love. It better be. What will I gain by going to jail? I will also lose you. How I love you, I swear never to forget. Katerina is now following people’s husbands. She could not listen to my advise. The world does not take long before it turns against you. I am happy that you asked why I hit you hard today. Your change of face and demeanour everytime guests are around is not pleasing to me. Ester I have repented. Elders have decided about it. I’ll not repeat my puzzles on you. During wedding day, I agreed Yes! Yes! Now he is nowhere, I at home and him way, three months now! It is back to the drawing board, Rebecca wanisumbua.

A good story never ends. I have discovered a life secret. Human beings love those who lie to them.

Trumpets………then a small break, ‘uzuri wa mwanamke sio urembo, ni tabiaaa’…..Instruments to PART C.

Comments

  1. Such a nice read...brought back enough memories my eyes flooded with tears of joy...just wondering, where's part C though? Always wondered who did the song "penye jambo hapakosi mambo kwani jambo husababisha mambo; mie mambo jina langu mambo; ama kweli nimeyaona mambo"....classic song....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had your number, lost it. Part C is in... Part D will come soon

      Delete

Post a Comment