Skip to main content

Featured

Heavy responsibilities for elder aunt among the Logooli

With Seenge Fonesi. She is the elder grand daughter of Isagi and elder daughter of Amugasya. She is often present in functions involving the family of Amugasya. Pic taken on 18/4/2024. The elder sister soon becomes the elder aunt. It is this “seenge munene” (elder aunt) tag that she is tied to many cultural responsibilities – back home. To her marital family she may appear as any other woman, but she is not so in the eyes of her people. Marriage does not steal her away as it would happen with other daughters of the old man. To her, as days go and the old man and woman of the estate are dependents, she becomes increasingly present.  Her brothers also need her for almost all traditional markings. They are marrying, she needs to welcome the new wife. They are giving birth, she needs to come to midwife or “bless” the new born. They are paying dowry she needs to lead the women delegate. There is a conflict she needs to come for a hearing.  And many others. Traditions does not expect her to

Criticism or mere leg pulling?

Lung'afa: *Saniaga Sacco Launch* 08/06/2019.

  ~RSVP Confirmation

1. Lung'afa Patrick
2. Kirima Peter  
3. Adulu Diana
4. Sidika Dr.
5. Ndanyi Joseph
6. Ndanyi Ben
7. Lumadi Jenyeka 
.....

248.
249.
250. 

.....
We are targeting 300 people for the event. 

Pay Ksh 500/- via Mpesa to Paybill 400222 and A/c 218403#Name. 

PS: - Please update your Sacco shares to a minimum of Ksh 10,000/-  (50 shares at 200 each).

Govedi Muzami: My 2 cent piece

You cannot launch the SACCO without a leadership structure

The meeting should   first address the leadership issue

Once that is done. We will be good to roll.

For those of us that have contributed that's fine. Hold your horses there.

Once a structure is in place you will be assured of accountability from those that will have been chosen.

It is illegal

I am not opposing anything.

Let's do it the right way Family🙏🏿

Lung'afa: If you want to ever lead,  support other leaders. Keep making it hard the way our fathers have been doing to each other. 

Family, you better stop Govedi as early as this.  He carries the 'opposers' blood. 

- I am young but I have eyes and ears and I do my research too.

George Gamugoyi: Let us embrace criticism in apostive manner.They help us become better. As Bill gates says,those customers who are dissatisfied are great source of learning.Leadership structures are good for order....The far we can go depends on the visionary leadership. Leadership is a structure on which people hook up to conduct business for there welfare.

Garani Chinzi: Powerful

Lung'afwa Muzami: I've read the altercation on our page and I'm sunk in sadness. Party this is how low we can sink? This platform was supposed to bring us together but not divide us!

Ubaga: No altercation. It's prudent conflict for growth. Life with no critics ain't a life. This disagreements create room to eliminate dysfunctions of a team. It's okay.

Lung'afwa Muzami: It is so sad when we're at crossroads with clanskin

Lung'afwa Muzami: Hopefully the parties take it as so. Otherwise I find it as in bad blood.

Govedi Muzami: Opposers blood🤔

Lung'afa take a back seat and learn

You are running on a slippery slope.

You want to embrace those that embrace you to go that way

Kindly note that I/we like your zeal. 

But you need to be checked lest your ego chokes you down.

I really like you bro.

But if you want me to clap you down, pole I WON'T😎

Lung'afwa Muzami: Parting shot ; I didn't   borrow to be saniaga! I happened and I don't have an excuse.

Govedi Muzami: You forget that you have people here who are more exposed in terms of age, Proffession et al

Everything fine with you young boy. Your Ego NO😔

AGAIN AND I REPEAT, YOU DO DO NOT HAVE THE THE AUTHORITY TO REMOVE FAMILY MEMBERS FROM THIS GROUP

Lung'afa: Nyef

Govedi Muzami: I am ashamed of you.

You will go into the sin bin till tomorrow😊

Govedi Muzami: For bad language👆🏿😊

Lung'afa: If I be young, lead by example. Or else I will take over!  

You also have no authority to tell me what to do. The way I have no time to tell you what to do. I do not make up myself to be anyone's tool boy. You can only enjoy proceeds from the periphery. But as fate allows there is no shortcut in.  Not now, never. I am here to hit on crooked souls. Not really to make them right but to keep them where they belong. In my smallness I will both carefully and deliberately make it so. Sometimes in fun and otherwise in conflict.

Caroline Rudenyi: Jameni,yaishe

Garani Chinzi: Its overwhelming and we need some order guys

Lung'afwa Muzami: In my silence I was convinced my namesake you had made a niche for yourself.  Why am I getting disappointed?

Mariana: Quietness is also a way of communication. As a leader don't comment at anything.

Annette Chahale: Haki I'm trying to follow the whole thing someone help me understand

Lung'afa: Yes I am trying. But one Govedi keeps faulting it. And I am no silent follower. An eye for an eye on him.  Or else he discredits all efforts. You know... 

- Otherwise I am your humble younger brother.

Jackson Kafuna: Patty and Govedi. Cease the animosity on the wall.  I volunteer to arrange a meeting, one on one, eyeball to eyeball.

Lung'afa: I will attend. Thanks

Lung'afwa Muzami: Bro ken hold your horses. Will facilitate our convergence with party.

Lamuka: As a young Saniaga after consulting my consciousness and following what has been going I wish to state as follows.. That positive critism is good for any society to move forward any time we repel it we fail to learn important lesson from it,we should embrace positive critism especially from our seniors. To my brother Lungafa great respect to what you are doing but in situations you disagree with our senior consult other seniors for their opinion on the same issue.

Lung'afa: Do we need to criticize one another? If there is a loop,  why can't a person step in?  When you criticize, who do you expect to take the blame? How do you expect to be served better on a ground of carefree blames?  

- I rest my case.

Martin Kidiavai: I will be a fair referee. Clench your palms and punch each other to release the excess energy. Wanaume hawapigani na mdomo...

Govedi Muzami: Get in touch with Hillary Lamuka he is your peer

He will teach you how to respect your lanes (read age)

Lung'afa: I will give up on Saniaga. If this is the reward. And do other things the way everyone is doing their things and dropping by to say this or that. 

- I mean my word.

Lamuka: We've got to keep the spirit of Saniaga going a little critism shouldn't be the reason for you to quit just take a self evaluation break.I thought agree with me earlier there you had chosen to keep up with your good work you doing.

Lumadi Jenyeka: Govedi just stop.You cannot do half the work Lungafa is doing.And he does it without pay.This young man is burnt out half the time single-handedly implementing Saniaga projects yet people do not appreciate!Kuongea tu hapa WhatsApp ndio mnajua.Some have never even attended meetings the same Lungafa calls for.
Govedi do you know in the last AGM at Wangulu we appointed an interim committe to steer the Sacco upto when we officially launch?No you don't but are here working hard to discourage Lungafa.
I would rather Lungafa quit and pursue his own path seeing as he's a young man than work for you bunch of ingrates and armchair experts.

Baba Ndanyi: I will not gag anyone on this forum or elsewhere, we have the freedom to say what we want even when we hurt others provided you can justify what you are stating. If Ben Solomon has attitude issues, that's a very small thing to handle, tell him, you cannot stir a whole hive just because one of the bees has attitude issues, when we call meetings come so that you get to know who your relatives are, do not judge each other from remote. Can we pause for a while and find out whether the quarrels, stone and Barb throwing has helped anyone on this platform grow or gain anything? Nothing, we are all ambarrassed by exposing our soft underbelly, can we operate in a civilized manner by, even if I owned the platform and called it mine I will still need the other person to  contribute ideas etc to give relevance to the platform. From now henceforth, I need discipline in my team, if my team of three come across a comment or posting etc that doesn't appeal to you, bring it to our forum for a discussion, by this post, I request Patrick to reinstate all those he had removed from the platform, let this be done immediately.

Comments