Skip to main content

Featured

Heavy responsibilities for elder aunt among the Logooli

With Seenge Fonesi. She is the elder grand daughter of Isagi and elder daughter of Amugasya. She is often present in functions involving the family of Amugasya. Pic taken on 18/4/2024. The elder sister soon becomes the elder aunt. It is this “seenge munene” (elder aunt) tag that she is tied to many cultural responsibilities – back home. To her marital family she may appear as any other woman, but she is not so in the eyes of her people. Marriage does not steal her away as it would happen with other daughters of the old man. To her, as days go and the old man and woman of the estate are dependents, she becomes increasingly present.  Her brothers also need her for almost all traditional markings. They are marrying, she needs to welcome the new wife. They are giving birth, she needs to come to midwife or “bless” the new born. They are paying dowry she needs to lead the women delegate. There is a conflict she needs to come for a hearing.  And many others. Traditions does not expect her to

It is getting hot in here

Baba Ndanyi: Good evening family, I have seen the Barb's and stones thrown at some members and actually some being forced 'to left' or being removed for one reason or another. Please desist from removing members anyhowly for flimsy reasons, unless the member is insultive or posting comments that negatively impact on individuals or the entire Saniaga group, from now on any complain about any member in the group inbox me, removing individuals from the group should not happen again, it demoralizes the individual and embarrasses the remover due to backlash, as I said earlier, ignore what does not interest or concern you.

Lung'afa: @⁨Baba Ndanyi⁩ holds Ben with glove hands. Which I find it hard. I hold no passive role in the group and all that is shared here I try to glimpse. Nothing is disallowed as long as whoever shares a companies an agreeable justification. This is not a dump ground. 

- Thanks

Baba Ndanyi: My message was very clear and to all of us, holding some with gloven hands is therefore neither here nor there, we are one family and non of us is more special, we have no grounds nor reason to disown each other, we have not yet achieved what we set out to do, in fact we have just started a journey, if we start throwing Barb's and stones this early, then we bring war in the camp. We behave as if some of us are insiders and others outsiders; there is no outsider here, in case you come across any one of us lacking in one thing or two do noft expect an outsider to come to counsel them, chukua hilo jukumu la kumshauri ndugu au dada yako, let's learn to tolerate each other

Govedi Muzami: We need your direction Senior🙏🏿. Solomon Ndanyi, just like in rugby, you went into to the 'sin bin'

Lung'afa it is morning. By the time you get direction I will have long jumped the ship. You are giggling too much. I am going to remove both Govedi and Ben. This mental idea that Govedi you can 'decide' for me is a little foreign. I am not above you neither are you above me. And by you also going to the sin bin as you call it where you remove Ben, let it remind you that 'every circle has its unwritten module operadi.' And you will be all added when I have been advised from here to Pokot and back. Just incase you do not remove me before I remove you. 

- RESPECT

Baba Ndanyi: Do we really have time for such conversation?

Govedi Muzami: Ahem🤗

Lung'afa: @⁨Brown Indumwa⁩ you are the next. I will remove you if you not remove me. 

- Get serious

Caroline Rudenyi: 😆😆😆it's getting hot in here

Govedi Muzami: No one has the right to remove apart from the Chairman😊 and with all due respect. Creating the Saniaga WhatsApp group does not necessarily mean you OWN it. Lung'afa you are lucky I am not an Admin😁😅

When IAM I will remove you😊

Keyonzo: Tell them, Saniaga is Saniaga, hapana briefcase ya MTU

Lung'afa: I am waiting to be removed by the way. I am no joker to stay by and talk talk talk.

George Gamugoyi: You're still ayoung man with lot of potential, we appreciate your effort and contributions towards the group. However, as saying goes little foxes spoil the vine yard,arrogance can erode the gains made.It takes years to build but seconds to destroy.

Lung'afa: There is pleasure in building and destroying.

George Gamugoyi: Destroy what you building?🤔🤔🤔,Then why the construction?🤷‍♂🤷‍♂🤷‍♂,

Mable Kamonya: Rung'afwa matamushi yako ya nabo, you are not the only saniaga in the group,kaa umechoka.  Na group jitoe, utasumbura vandi dave

Lung'afa: Yes vaya. Everyone a pill. Yours I also have. Stop me

Govedi Muzami: Arrogance. We all can be

Let's not exude it here. We are all Saniagas.

I hate the bullish behavior being displayed here.

We will move forward💪🏿 regardless😊

Let's learn how to address each other

George Gamugoyi: I recommend Mr chairman, to take some of the official if not all for leadership classes. Leadership isn't easy,....there is constant provocation from some quarters, but at the end of the day we need each other .There is a high bar set for leadership, especially moral standards that you can command following

Lung'afa: Govedi, you better use your mobilising skills to build Saniaga up. I have no inheritors yet and I can decide my lineage to end with me!  Lung'afa is a free spirit, trying to gurgle him can choke badly. All I do is for fun. Saniaga will be there and it does not depend on me.  Take charge and that charge is in acts. Not in studying who (me). Or in sitting to say this is right and that is wrong. Who is this charged with guiders and councillors? Not me. 

Let us be proceed thence with clear knowledge that no one is anyone's easy tit. You shall be respected by what you do (or you shall sit down and count your acts by yourself). 

- I respect those who respect themselves and those whose lives I admire. The rest can sit and learn.

Neccy Flossy: The gloves are real to my recollrction. I do not know which hand of the gloves. I suggest we desist from using terms such as baba, dad, son as much as they are respective terms to resprctively use but some 'dads' are the real thing which may be difficult for "baba" to deal with in terms of discipline one. Thinking loud as am not opening a debate but some facts.

Comments