Skip to main content

Featured

Heavy responsibilities for elder aunt among the Logooli

With Seenge Fonesi. She is the elder grand daughter of Isagi and elder daughter of Amugasya. She is often present in functions involving the family of Amugasya. Pic taken on 18/4/2024. The elder sister soon becomes the elder aunt. It is this “seenge munene” (elder aunt) tag that she is tied to many cultural responsibilities – back home. To her marital family she may appear as any other woman, but she is not so in the eyes of her people. Marriage does not steal her away as it would happen with other daughters of the old man. To her, as days go and the old man and woman of the estate are dependents, she becomes increasingly present.  Her brothers also need her for almost all traditional markings. They are marrying, she needs to welcome the new wife. They are giving birth, she needs to come to midwife or “bless” the new born. They are paying dowry she needs to lead the women delegate. There is a conflict she needs to come for a hearing.  And many others. Traditions does not expect her to

Another S-Library at Maragoli Hills?

Jane Bwonya: Hello family. I suggest that we look for a room around Kigulu cha Mulogooli for a second library by the CBO. That way it could attract funds and you never know, a museum could be in thr offing where Mulogooli lived. Let us brainstorm on this idea.

Pat Ngoda: Sounds great. By the way, what factors informed the choice of Wangulu as the site for our current one?! Sorry I wasn't on board at the time the decision was reached. ( however this does not mean I've any objections to the choice)

Jane Bwonya: If I remember well, Lung'afa told the forum that a room was being looked for anywhere e Vologooli for a community library. Later on he told us a room had been found Wsngulu & invited members at every stage, giving us pictures; even videos of the happenings there till the culmination of the launch on 30th June.

Pat Ngoda: Great. So maybe we follow the same process, ama?!

Jane Bwonya: I agree. Lung'afa is very good at that. Please tell us what it entails.

Pat Ngoda: The historic site of  Kiguru cha Murogoli sounds quite ingenious. I wish we came up with the idea right from the start

Anilov‬: Libraries will be initiated all over Saniaga community.

Jane Bwonya: It is only after the Wangulu launch that grandiose ideas begin to form. In any case, it is not yet late for yet another library.

Erick Nyangweso: I will bring my books donation.  I love what you are doing my people. Mugasizwe.

Lung'afa: Good discussion here.

 @⁨Jane Bwonya⁩, the process will be as simple as! Saniagas around Mungoma to give us a building. Or land. Whatever. Somewhere to start. Then you will see the spree. Personally I am in and I will try my best in the company of all of us. 

And because the chair, @⁨Baba Ndanyi⁩ is from the area, he got to lead us through the process. 

Let the discussion continue.

Baba Ndanyi: I can ask my brother Harry Ndanyi, he used to work in that area as Ass. Chief, he may know people there than me, I settled in Soi almost 20 years ago, but I will pass on the request

Jane Bwonya: Great!

Lung'afa: That is how we started...

Then someone will ask, why there? There will be no words to answer. 

Thank you

Baba Ndanyi: @⁨Lung'afa⁩ 
That area is well known for availability of stones, we'll make sure that no stone will be left unthrown to secure a place for the next Saniaga CBO library!! :🤓🤓🤓

Erick Author: @⁨Jane Bwonya⁩ ,has ligono lya murogoli ever been gazetted by UNESCO as a cultural heritage site? Perhaps we should also put for that. Ama namna gani @lung'afa

Baba Ndanyi: Omwami Joseph, I have followed the discussion about the Library Ivigulu and there can be no better or ideal location than at the Late Mzee Tiego's house at Lusiola. The building has once served as a Library and a nursery school at some point. Chief could pursue this with one of Tiego's sons, Ronald Ngala, who lives on the property. Kind regards.

Baba Ndanyi: Good morning family, I have not yet identified the person who wrote the above post, but he seems to about us very well,  Lusyola market is a center less than 10km from Mungoma, I will still consult my brother about this, in case we don't get another place much nearer to Mungoma, then we may consider the Lusyola site as a suitable alternative, alternatively we can put the library at Lusyola and something else at Mungoma, join the discussio please.

Baba Ndanyi: Further to my write up above, the owner of the suggested  Lusyola site, Tiego Ombeva, is the maternal uncle of my father and we have maintained close links with the Tiego Ombeva family

Comments