Skip to main content

Featured

Heavy responsibilities for elder aunt among the Logooli

With Seenge Fonesi. She is the elder grand daughter of Isagi and elder daughter of Amugasya. She is often present in functions involving the family of Amugasya. Pic taken on 18/4/2024. The elder sister soon becomes the elder aunt. It is this “seenge munene” (elder aunt) tag that she is tied to many cultural responsibilities – back home. To her marital family she may appear as any other woman, but she is not so in the eyes of her people. Marriage does not steal her away as it would happen with other daughters of the old man. To her, as days go and the old man and woman of the estate are dependents, she becomes increasingly present.  Her brothers also need her for almost all traditional markings. They are marrying, she needs to welcome the new wife. They are giving birth, she needs to come to midwife or “bless” the new born. They are paying dowry she needs to lead the women delegate. There is a conflict she needs to come for a hearing.  And many others. Traditions does not expect her to

When you advertise on Saniaga Forum...

Sheila Idala: I would like to know more about this AIM

Bensolo Ndanyi: Wonderful kindly inbox me

Pat Ngoda: How about we engage this young brother of ours in saniaga affairs??!! All he ever talks about is AIM GLOBAL yet this is a saniaga forum. It would be a good for him to balance both for a symbiotic relationship

Bensolo Ndanyi: It may sound funny but it would be a disaster when one of us is sick and got the resources available

Pat Ngoda: Strike a balance for the two lest you become a nuisance. Si you take up this SACCO issue now that you have networking know how

Bensolo Ndanyi: Personally am sharing this coz I believe this company can give us the money we need to make saniaga forum or rather complex a success

-‬: I think you have advertised enough, please stick the aims and agenda of the group

Bensolo Ndanyi: I got a dream and if its me alone al make the dream a success am.with aim global coz with the money that is there it can.be useful to saniaga

Erick Author: But seriously though, go easy on the aim global posts. Too much of a good thing... Someone was asking in confidence if it's possible to 'minimise'the posts of a group member so that you don't have to 'left'. In a good way though.

Bensolo Ndanyi: Ok

Erick Author: How about you start a group, then post the link here  for those interested?

Pat Ngoda: By the way, is advertising allowed in the rules that set up the forum? I joined rather late.  Apparently he is the only one who does the adverts. My feeling is that we should try to regulate them. Once in a while is ok but not very five minutes surely.

-‬: How ?

Pat Ngoda: Tunaelewa biashara ni biashara bro, we all aspire to conquer new markets all the time but then it would be chaos if we all offloaded our hassles here

Baba Ndanyi: Though I wouldn't want to appear to be defending Ben Solomon for whatever reason, I seem to like the zeal displayed here, aim global might have started small like our Saniaga CBO but after strong innovations marketing strategies, it is able to stand out strong roping in all and sundry. We need this kind of zeal in what we are engaged in; I feel it does no harm in advertising matters on job opportunities, health matters, social issues, schools and colleges, leadership issues, and the like, provided that such adverts do not hurt or injure anybody and that modalities used in such adverts must be authentic

Erick Author: I was recruited into Tianshi sometime back. It's more or less the same thing. I was given 'the golden key to wealth and health. ' But one day, I watched the good friend who recruited me selling mineral supplements to a sad looking mkere in Mbale, while giving her the impression that they could cure her seriously sick son of HIV!!! I felt so bad, I felt like a fraud for being part of that. I quit.... And I've been sceptical about such things since then. I was raised by strict Quakers.. Some things just don't sit nicely with me.

-: Those multilevel stories are just professional connish fronts presented as a panacea for poverty. Without pouring cold water on what I have been reading, I shall be among those who will be vindicated like my brother Ngoda there.

Bensolo Ndanyi: I know all of you got experiences about other companies but personally av not seen anything bad about us the only problem is people compare us with other companies

-‬: I was once in GNLD and quit.

Bensolo Ndanyi: Am not conning anyone to join but I want you to visualize on this of it cured my dad is it good or too good if it cured someone with a heart problem is it good or too good........you may have doubts and questions I get it but besides the road to success isn't smooth you got to go through stones and sand to reach a smooth road

-: Information is power, let's start from that point, one simple sentence can be interpreted in very many different ways by different people depending on each one's level of understanding, they could all be right or wrong depending on the expected response from the author of the sentence, please let us be fair to each other by allowing free flow of information, provided the same is aunthenticated

Comments