Skip to main content

Featured

Heavy responsibilities for elder aunt among the Logooli

With Seenge Fonesi. She is the elder grand daughter of Isagi and elder daughter of Amugasya. She is often present in functions involving the family of Amugasya. Pic taken on 18/4/2024. The elder sister soon becomes the elder aunt. It is this “seenge munene” (elder aunt) tag that she is tied to many cultural responsibilities – back home. To her marital family she may appear as any other woman, but she is not so in the eyes of her people. Marriage does not steal her away as it would happen with other daughters of the old man. To her, as days go and the old man and woman of the estate are dependents, she becomes increasingly present.  Her brothers also need her for almost all traditional markings. They are marrying, she needs to welcome the new wife. They are giving birth, she needs to come to midwife or “bless” the new born. They are paying dowry she needs to lead the women delegate. There is a conflict she needs to come for a hearing.  And many others. Traditions does not expect her to

When you do not hold fast to your history...

-: *Vasaniaga* have 4 "Houses" 
(Sons)
*1. Kamunala*
*2. Musumba*
*3. Kanyagwa*
*4. Vadamba*

Nandio Kwalange ..

-: We have NONE of these. 

- Sindio kwarange ...

-: Who is this Kikuyu?

-: πŸ˜…Thats why I said recently that we should differentiate between factual information and flights of fancy.

-: πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

If you don't write your own history...

Someone might write for you. 

- πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„. 

Garaha Koza. Your informant should be interrogated further. I won't mind meeting him.

-: I live next to Mulogoli's home.

I have both oral knowlege and written documentation.

You don't have to believe what I share. Just like school, we all attend class but some chaps fail.

*Facts remain Facts.* I am under no obligation to pursuade you.
The earth is round, you can choose to believe or not believe, doesn't change the fact.

-: This is solid information.
I don't do guesswork business.
I do my homework

-: Facts get tested by others and not those who espouse them to insist they are so.

-: We have, 
*Avana va Mulogoli yivula*

And we have, *Avana va Soga na Kavogoi yivula*

Musome amang'ana ga Mulogoli, muleke vuzwa amahangali nukwizuva.
Musome, mwiigi!

-: That is up to you my friend.
Mahangali Avalogoli vayanza.

-: Tell us more then. 

Before that, of the four sons facts, your maternal mother is of which one's lineage?

-: Another example:

*Umusuva*

Avana vavalizilwangwa munyumba yeye ni:

1. Mukisisi
2. Omonyi
3. Mwangondo
4. Mugihaayo
5. Mwilengenya
6. Musagala
7. Mung'ang'a
[9/24, 6:25 PM] Sande Olocho: I only share what I know.
I am in no contest.
I am only sharing.
You don't have to agree.

-: Uraraswa magina mea. This is prospesterous! 

- Any reference materials at your typing table?

-: Yes there are.
I have both oral and written references.

I am a Philosophy Scholar Lung'afwa.
Been round the block a couple of times.

-: mahangali ni go gayava geligali murilova. Ni kuturana ku mahangali cho kimanyia vandu kutura kuzinyama zindi. Genyeka uyanza ligali novoye ling'ana ma lituliza mahangari, kigira uliga manyingi.

-: Naaaa. But it is good you are putting across (you say just sharing) what 'you' know. 

Don't get me wrong here but I should say you are one sort of people who crookedly sums things up. 

I'd like to get hold of any materials you are referring to. Afew pictures here won't do me bad. Cause it is bad what we have had from others trying to put across their docile and weak dominance. We are here to regain the glory.

-: Then who are the Asachas and Andago and the others we've always known...avisukuru?!

-: Let's wait for more evidence from Sande. I hope it was not a by the way posting but some information worthy consideration. That by finding it otherwise we shall collectively diss it. 

- I am anxious.

-: I am curious about Sande's post given that the one great grandfather  I was privileged to meet, Mugunda wa Agudava wa Ahai never referred to these "strange" names; no not once.

-: You are at liberty to hypothesise as you so wish.

I have learnt to master the Saniaga emotional spikes.
I don't get excited easily.
A thick skin is part of me.

Like I said, you are young I age and still growing your education.
Not until such a time and age that you will learn to maintain an open mind, willing to listen, challenge constructively, then the Saniaga excitement when it comes to emotions will get the better of you and cause you to miss a lot.


Inspite of my age and education, I am always a pupil of my elders, a good listener  and thirsty for new information.

-: I will share the literature at an opportune time, now that you have asked Prof.

Knowledge is a forest.

-: Bet me you are more of a typer than a listener. And could be I got a better emotional threshold than you. Should we go there? 

- Wisdom is inborn. Research and all that is confirming what we subconsciously know. And again, gods always have ways of making folly come afloat.

-: You see!

This is exactly what I am telling you.

Saniagas, we have issues will temper.
We get easily upset and overreact.

You are the age of my kids and I cannot engage in argument with you.
It is bad manners on my part.

Work your tantrum, when you will be cool, we will engage.

-: Calm me with evidence. Not a description of what I could be posing as. 

You throw I throw. 

My father doesn't keep reminding me of my age. He but sends me forth. Kama angekua anajua angekua alifanya! 

- In fact am laughing as I type

-: I will appreciate that literature. It will fill in the gaps.

-: Amwaavo @⁨Luvai⁩ I also had the privilege to interact with umusakulu Mugunda almost every Sunday because that was the day he touched base with my dad straight from mass.

-: He did not have the look of a deeply knowledgeable man, but he had good memory. Am glad we never dismissed him for his looks.

-: Yes, he was the type many of the 'modern' type would snub. But there he was; loyal to his roots, humble and genuinely mindful of his clan brothers.

Comments