Skip to main content

Featured

Heavy responsibilities for elder aunt among the Logooli

With Seenge Fonesi. She is the elder grand daughter of Isagi and elder daughter of Amugasya. She is often present in functions involving the family of Amugasya. Pic taken on 18/4/2024. The elder sister soon becomes the elder aunt. It is this “seenge munene” (elder aunt) tag that she is tied to many cultural responsibilities – back home. To her marital family she may appear as any other woman, but she is not so in the eyes of her people. Marriage does not steal her away as it would happen with other daughters of the old man. To her, as days go and the old man and woman of the estate are dependents, she becomes increasingly present.  Her brothers also need her for almost all traditional markings. They are marrying, she needs to welcome the new wife. They are giving birth, she needs to come to midwife or “bless” the new born. They are paying dowry she needs to lead the women delegate. There is a conflict she needs to come for a hearing.  And many others. Traditions does not expect her to

Kovee vurahi kweri? Yeyeyeyeee

Jeska sidika Wambani: Good morning all. Surely, I don't understand the hooding of information. Please remember we are going to spend our money it's not for free. I have a right to plan/ budget for any undertaking. At this moment I am just wondering. I was expecting information like our facility has ......menus and for your function we can provide .......for menus( local with....and international......) We have additional pleasure activities that a charge of .......We accept .....credit cards for payments. This will enable us to plan appropriately. Sidika

Jeska sidika Wambani: Thank you for the information. Can we request for Maragoli traditional meals/ zisindu/ etc at the same price or it will attract a charge? The above menus are quite standard for many local outlets? Sidika

Sosa Cotages: They not in season

Sosa Cotages: I suggest you discuss and agree on the menu then  Metrine will give me a call.

Metrine Livole: I think Hubert was quite tongue tied on this one as a GM, not to my expectation as a trained n 10yrs experience in this industry, sorry to say but umeanguka mtihani!

Govedi Muzami: Below my expectation I would say. Just giving him the benefit of doubt, can we have someone meet him in person with a clear terms of reference?

Govedi Muzami: Terms of reference from us. Have we agreed on what we want?

Govedi Muzami: Admin kindly remove Hubert so that we discuss and present a clear request.

Jeska sidika Wambani: I think he has given us the type of menu they have for the buffet. We can now request for any additional adds and get the charges. I would like to know if they have conference facility and if that is free for residential conference or it's an extra charge. Sidika

Lung'afa: Hubert, allow me to remove you. I am the 'boy' who visited you last time at your office. Of course I will come again, not mainly for the plan here. As for Dec 30th allow us to deliberate and surrender a detailed request.
- Thank you for your patience among these tough people.

Lung'afa: Metrine and Govedi yawa, mtu kama hajui kitu unahit undercover. Ni ukweli huyo msee hayuko rada hata last meeting naye ilikuwa less informative but maybe strengths zake ni zingine. Si munajua jobs 'hutafutwa'. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ
- Nyasaye akovere

Metrine Livole: My friend heri angesema tu ni waiter!!!! Ati GM Sosa mzima anaangusha biashara, imagine if we 60 pple attending there we would divert to elsewhere hiyo ni pesa wamepoteza

Lung'afa: Narobi yajira vandu vaturizanaa vindu muzimoni vujira inganagani yakaviri.
- Go placidly

Metrine Livole: When discussing on phone with him I had requested he liase with the admin then give us the discounted price but hr told me he has the final word,yaani yeye ndio kusema on menu n pricing,see how he performed here! We need to talk to the owner  of sosa Mr Govedi ..this is saaaaad. Am an employee n employer too I feel the pinch of entrusting such pple to our empires!

Lung'afa: Metrine allow Dr. to assist you in organizing... Maybe Dr should give him a call kesho and talk out. Then by kesho jioni tuwe na some info.
- Ama namna gani?

Metrine Livole: This industry needs a resilient spirit,we meet very rude clients yet obliged to serve them with a smile n stick to professionalism.

Daktari or any other person may go ahead in organising,my office  remains open for any assistance

Chakava Asacha: Chief chef wa sosa ni nani?
GM doesn't understand menu n pricing manenos

Metrine Livole: Yeah we may approach them from a different angle now. Labda jikoni express

Jeska sidika Wambani: I was wondering if we were dealing with a Professional or what we call in medical quack professional! Anyway, I was holding my cool but felt agitated with the answers. We need to find out from them how much is full board and then enquire on charges for one special meal that will serve Maragoli traditional dishes. How many nights have you booked? Sidika

Lung'afa: Not a night... A day. Probably once you have engaged him on phone we May know.

It is also a virtue of those who have to put vandu vasiru in charge of some things so that they are not outsmarted... And that can madly frustrate a sharp chap under him.
- It happens

Chakava Asacha: I agree that guy isn't a professional hotelier. This is the problem with us Maragooli,we don't appreciate professionalism.
I saw it when I tried getting a job a the county government as a professional in matters Tourism just before the hosting of Miss Tourism event last year.
Mediocrity at it best was witnessed I just gave up after being wasted for two months without a single cent of pay.
Let's come up with good projects but also hire professionals to implement those good ideas.

Lung'afa: We appreciate mediocrity. That mwayi wizing'ombe is better than a neighbour's child in school.  πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

Metrine Livole: Phone etiquette too lacks in him completely, let me laughπŸ΅πŸ’πŸ™ˆπŸ™Š that whoever will give him a call ,ajipange kwanza. What he's using on watsup is his personal phone I got the company's line on fb Sosa page.

Lung'afa: Benefit of doubt. Let us know after the talk.

Jeska sidika Wambani: Are you suggesting that I have a telephone conversation with him or which Dr will do it? Sidika

Lung'afa: No Dr I know other.
- Take the pleasure.
😁😁😁😁😁

Jeska sidika Wambani: I need to know what else needs to be added to the above stated menu. Just give me the list so that I present to him and work out for any extra charges or just develop one for the price he had given. I know there was mention of quails,uvwova, mkenye, engiko,isuzi, etc. Sidika

Govedi Muzami: Sawa senge Sidika.....lets domesticate the request then we present....sorry but I think the jamaa is slow

Lung'afa: Good morning Family,

If asked, I wouldn't think of much. It would 'belabour' them and us.

What of vuchima and mutere as main and meat be decided separately? That a drink be tea in all manners - mukafu, iturunji... That quails and such, whoever may want can buy and go with it, there are people who can provide.

- Good day family

Mukayagi Ngoda: Please call me at your convenience Lung'afa. Kufanaa vulahi daave. Yeyeyeyeee.

Lung'afa: I just come see you. Today am around. Or?

Mukayagi Ngoda: Yes please. Karibu. Mbeeho. Kufaana avavitiilaa.

Lung'afa: Yee. Reka ngende. Hevol'la riruri ndava ninduchi. Kivara nichimbura.
- 11 am I'll be there.

Mukayagi Ngoda: Ulaanyola. Genyekana kove avageli mu litivula ni likola nukuhanilana uluyali.

Comments