Skip to main content

Featured

Heavy responsibilities for elder aunt among the Logooli

With Seenge Fonesi. She is the elder grand daughter of Isagi and elder daughter of Amugasya. She is often present in functions involving the family of Amugasya. Pic taken on 18/4/2024. The elder sister soon becomes the elder aunt. It is this “seenge munene” (elder aunt) tag that she is tied to many cultural responsibilities – back home. To her marital family she may appear as any other woman, but she is not so in the eyes of her people. Marriage does not steal her away as it would happen with other daughters of the old man. To her, as days go and the old man and woman of the estate are dependents, she becomes increasingly present.  Her brothers also need her for almost all traditional markings. They are marrying, she needs to welcome the new wife. They are giving birth, she needs to come to midwife or “bless” the new born. They are paying dowry she needs to lead the women delegate. There is a conflict she needs to come for a hearing.  And many others. Traditions does not expect her to

That is it, This my thoughts - Been thinking about it too.

Baba Ndanyi: Vwakira mwosi Avasaniaga, although I may not fully understand the reason for getting someone to sponsor our AGM, my personal opinion is that we prepare ourselves without considering sponsorship, I want to challenge us to confront this thing head on as ourselves, we are not going on holiday, we are getting to know and interact with each other as a family, I know the economy is not good and more so at the end of the year, let's start with kshs 1000/=, let's find out how far that amount can go at Sosa, next week I want to visit Sosa with my friend Patrick, if that amount can buy the simplest snack then let it be the one we go for. I want to appeal to our members to save 1000/= for that occasion after all we are sampling one of our own, those who can manage more than that, well and good, if one can manage kuku choma with chapo and another 'uganga na matus' that's ok, it is the family gathering that is important for us, next time we'll do better

Metrine Livole: Well said Baba

Kibisu Joash: Exactly what has been on my minds

Metrine Livole: That's y I felt no need to hire a tent/ grounds , let the hotel provide at no extra charges!

Metrine Livole: We neither need a conference room

Kibisu Joash: This is just a picnic. No hassles and over stretching.

Mukayagi Ngoda: I've known what Sosa looks like especially over the holidays. It's pure bedlam. People reserve space months in advance. There is usually no space under the roofs and under the trees and most of the lawns have seats placed for people. If several score people agree to come then we seriously have to think about and plan for the space we'll occupy. That's why I thought of our own matnee tent and separate food service. I agree with Mr Ndanyi that we do not go for a huge bash. I know of Saniagas who are willing to sweeten the pot but this being the first meeting under this new arrangement let's go slow on that for now. Embwo mwoosi.

Luvai: Wise words. Let's heed.

Mukayagi Ngoda: My cousin Arch Jack Kivisi had a family function at Sosa a couple of Decembers ago and it really opened my eyes on how to host a function at that venue. We had such a wonderful time and the hotel staff did not dissappoint. By the way I and Bruce have maintained the Madete-Ngoda family connection started by our fathers long ago. I would like to see the rebooting of those oldtime Saniaga connections started by the likes of Isigi, Kagasi, Ombodo, Umwingisi, Mbadi, Luvai, Lamuka, Mahasi,Chavulimu, Ngoda, Madete, Indangasi and many many others. These forefathers have left behind great dons and daughters. I do not know who among them is with us here. But then, we are just re-starting. Tutafika.

Lung'afa: Informative discussions...
- At your service

Mukayagi Ngoda: Lung'afa si leo nimejaribu so do not accuse me of not being active on whatsapp though I've yet to be more proficient. Acha tuonane baadaye.

Lung'afa: Hahahahaaaa. Leo umeandika novel! I really appreciate.
- And Kelvin Gwuma wanted we visit you.

Mukayagi Ngoda: Tutapanga next week. Niko tied for rest of the week nafanya presentations kwa workshop ya watu wanaofanya kazi kwa watoto.

Lung'afa: That's OK. Tutapanga

Mukayagi Ngoda: Pamoja basi.

Baba Ndanyi: @⁨Mukayagi Ngoda⁩
Hi bro, you will negotiate for us the function at Sosa, I will be on site next week, so please can I say we are in good hands? Thanks

Mukayagi Ngoda: I will be quite happy to be of service. I even told Lung'afa that I want to take him to Bruce wajuane then thro him, the rest of our officials.

Lung'afa: Penye wazee hapaharibiki neno.
- I wish you a good day Family

Fanuel Igunza: umetaja indangasi....Niko hapo

Mukayagi Ngoda: Great. I can see a great re-union ahead. Tutafahamiana. I have a shared history with Mudeheli and Prof Henry Indangasi.

Comments